feature requests

Battlestar Galactica 1978 numbering - General Questions (NonSport Trading Card Forums)

• Battlestar Galactica 1978 numbering

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 5, 2015 4:54:22 pm
  • what's up with the numbering of BG in the guide?
    not all the cards have two versions, what's the difference?
    i looked on the internet and couldn't find different cards from the first series.
  • Posted: March 5, 2015 9:12:26 pm
  • If you hover over the description you will see the rest of it. The "b"s are a different back (blue) instead of the regular red.
    Analyst/Programmer by Day, Nerd by Night
  • Posted: March 5, 2015 10:05:53 pm
  • when i hover over the number i get "Base Card, # 1b" "Base Card, #6b" and so on and "See if there are any on Ebay" over the ebay logo. nothing else is hover-able
  • Posted: March 5, 2015 10:12:05 pm
  • What browser are you using? Any modern browser should show the "title" when you hover over the description text. It might take a few seconds.

I just tried it on Chrome and Safari
  • Posted: March 6, 2015 11:18:31 am
  • actually when i hover over the description nothing comes up, the only two places that are hover-able are above the number of the card and the ebay logo. i'm using the newest version of firefox, hovering works perfectly on the comic book website but not for this site and i just opened internet explorer to check and the same thing happens as with firefox.

just installed a new update for firefox, restarted it and it's working now.

now about the backs of the cards
    one group of backs make up this puzzle:
    http://www.lurexlounge.com/bsg/images/misc/TCARDS02.JPG

another group of backs make up this puzzle:
    http://www.lurexlounge.com/bsg/images/misc/TCARDS01.JPG

the rest of the backs look like this:
    http://www.lurexlounge.com/bsg/images/misc/trade78s.jpg

and the sticker backs are white. the only distinction between red and blue are the borders around the puzzle pictures. the cards you have designated as blue backs are pieces of the puzzles and some of the cards are in the middle of the puzzle and have no colored border.

Last edited March 6, 2015 12:12:31 pm
  • Posted: March 6, 2015 12:25:36 pm
  • Sometimes I have found that when browsers (i.e. Chrome) need an update random things just stop working (i.e. clicking on links).

I think I got this list from nslists. So do you think I just need to remove the "b" cards?
  • Posted: March 6, 2015 1:14:54 pm
  • OMG!! i opened my big, fat, dumb pollock mouth before checking my facts. i would trust jeff's information. when i looked at my cards and then saw the puzzle back on the web i just assumed the cards in the puzzle that had no blue border were just cut off center and the blue was cut, all my cards have the blue/red borders....now i guess i'll have to hunt down the grey borders.

but you should change it from blue border to something like grey border back or grey border puzzle back, since the grey is the variation and the blue/red borders are the commons.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Rittenhouse Archives Marvel Heroes and Villains Parallel Card 79 Moon Knight vs. Scarecrow
  • Active Marketing Defective Comics Base Card 46 Rye No. 0
  • Fleer Marvel Metal Gold Blasters 17 War Machine
  • Rittenhouse Archives Marvel Greatest Heroes Parallel Base Set 79 Winter Soldier